Friday, February 4, 2011

DAy 3 - Super dee Duper Conference OLA

Had another amazing day of interesting and informative speeches today. Started off with the Key Note address by Canadian Cinema Director - ATOM EGOYAN!! He spoke very eloquently about the collaborative effort on making movies. He had a really funny story to tell about his childhood experience with Librarians- He said a librarian got really angry at him because he made a tiny scratch on a vinyl record album (sort of like a CD - only wayyy older!)
Then I had a chance to view new books in the Commercial Show Floor. I bought about a dozen books for the school. I can't wait to share them with my students!
I stayed at the Forest of Reading table for a while, as I am the Vice-Chair this year and I had the chance to talk to 2 of our selection committee members from the Halton District (Burlington). At that moment, Canadian author Sharon Jennings stopped by! I had a chance to chat with her too!! She is nominated for 2 awards this year: Blue Spruce - C'Mere Boy, and Silver Birch - Home Free. What an honour!
Then I went to a session about how to set up a Learning Commons...well, I was very pleased to note that Chine Drive is far and away ahead in this department. Thanks to all the parents, staff, students and especially Mrs. Fisher our Principal who work very diligently to keep our resources and techology up to date. It is such a pleasure to work with a great team! See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A library book opens the door to visit anywhere in the world

A library book opens the door to visit anywhere in the world
Lago di Como, Lombardia, Italia